Sydney Living Museums (SLM) is the new public face of the Historic Houses Trust of NSW.
Sydney Living Museums (SLM) is developing new and engaging programs for schools to take advantage of video conferencing technology.
Important historical sources are woven into lively presentations to bring stories associated with our various properties to life and into your classroom.
Basic technical capabilities apply:
• Schools are required to have video conferencing equipment capable of direct IP access.
• Recommended equipment: any Tandberg or Polycom Video Conferencing equipment.
Click on these images for more information and booking details for the programs that interest you.
Both NSW Department of Education and Communities (DEC) schools and Independent schools that are not part of NSW DEC are able to attend SLM videoconferences via DART Connections.
Bookings can be made via DART Connections
Information for independent schools attending an SLM videoconference via DART connections:
• Prior to booking an HHT videoconference, the non NSW DEC school must call DART Connections on 1800 824 737 and complete a connectivity test
• DART Connections cannot offer support to non NSW DEC schools outside of the connectivity test. While the SLM videoconference is live, independent schools must rely on their own in-house technical staff and are not able to access technical support via DART Connections
• When a non NSW DEC school books a videoconference, the HHT will send them an email confirming the virtual meeting room (VMR) number they will need to dial to attend the event
$120 per class per session (maximum 30 students). This includes downloadable support material for the teacher and students. Schools with small class sizes may be eligible for reduced rates - please contact us for details.
To ensure maximum interactivity class size must not exceed 30 students without the prior agreement of the SLM.
There is a limit of two (2) schools per session
Sessions will generally last for one hour including time for students to ask questions.
Pre-event material will be sent to the teacher via email and teachers are asked to ensure that the students are well prepared for the lesson as outlined.
The sessions, artworks, film and sound clips are protected by copyright and may not be recorded, reproduced or used in any way without the express written consent of Sydney Living Museums.
SLM requires at least eight (8) working days notice prior to the session for cancellations. Cancellations received less than eight (8) working days prior to the session and 'no shows' will incur a charge of the full program price. You need to call Connections 02 6884 0241 and email email@example.com and the SLM at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payments upon receipt of an HHT invoice:
- Payment detail: include Connected Classroom program name, school name, date and time of your session.
- SLM - HHT account: Historic Houses Trust of NSW, BSB: 032 249, Account Number: 101 997.
- Cheque payable to: The Historic Houses Trust of NSW: The Mint, 10 Macquarie St., Sydney, NSW 2000.
All inquiries contact:
The Education Unit
The Mint,10 Macquarie Street, Sydney 2000
T 02 82392288
F 02 8239 2299